Angel5
Dear Chris, 

I just download Sol Trader Steam Key and cannot play. Here the screen shoot

Sol Trader crash.png 
Wonder what's the problem ? Thx
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Thanks for the report. The game is having trouble allocating sufficient memory. If you have 2GB RAM or are running on 32-bit windows, you might need to reboot just before playing.

Thanks!
Chris
Quote 0 0
Angel5
Reboot like restart ? I try to restart but it doesn't work.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Hmm ok. Are you running 32-bit Windows or 64-bit? And how much memory do you have in your computer?
Quote 0 0
Angel5
Yes I am running 32 bit windows with 2 GB memory
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok - in order for this to work, you'll most likely need to restart first, make sure you don't open any programs before running the game. 2GB is the absolute minimum required to run.

If you really can't get it to run, I'm happy to give you a refund no problem.
Quote 0 0
PrinceAnduril
I'm also getting this error on a 4GB machine, with Intel HD Graphics.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
@PrinceAnduril 32-bit windows? You'll need to restart your computer first.
Quote 0 0
PrinceAnduril
Yep. 32 bit. Unfortunately, rebooting doesn't fix the issue. What's odd is that I have that much memory to spare. I'm currently idling with 2.1GB of memory available. When I run the game with performance data running, the memory usage doesn't even peak.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
The issue is not the amount, but the amount of *contiguous* memory. Currently it's trying to allocate 1.5GB of continual virtual memory space. This is easy for a 64-bit machine, but a 32-bit only has 4GB of addressable space (2GB unless you configure your app for 4GB). Therefore if another app grabs a space right in the middle of that 4GB, it might not be able to find a big enough slot.

The fix I'm prepping splits that allocation into 512MB and 1GB, which should be enough for people's 32-bit machines to find the space.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok - latest build has a possible workaround - can you please try updating and seeing if it works?
Quote 0 0
Angel5
Ok, I send you the message. 
Quote 0 0
Angel5
Dear Chris, 

It's been long time since I report about my problem. Since then I have upgraded my laptop with 64 bit and RAM. But now I have flickering on screen. I read that you said to turn v-sync on. How to do it ? Thank you 
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Great. We do support 32-bit since 1.1 a month ago, which is good!

it'll depend on your graphics card - which card do you have? Is it the same one?
Quote 0 0
Angel5
Update : I already set the v-sync on. But it still does not solve the problem. 
Quote 0 0