Jinxmerchant
Hi,

When I load up the save game, Sol Trader gets the "not responding" tab. I clicked debug with Visual Studios and it said "unhandled win32 exception". Maybe this is something to do with my computer? 

Thanks for the help
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Sorry about this. It means that the latest update invalidated the save game, but in a way I didn't expect. I'll try and get to the bottom of why this happened, but in the meantime starting a new game should work fine.
Quote 0 0
Jinxmerchant
It's weird coz that's what I thought originally but I started a new game this morning and saved, then it did this. I've been fiddling around and the save games seem to work if I don't exit the game, but then once I do, the save game won't load :/
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Hmm ... ok thanks. I'll check it out further.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok - I think I've found what this might be. When the memory addresses are fixed on game load there's a 'double fix' going on, which is caused by an inconsistent data structure somewhere. Hopefully should have a fix in the next 24 hours, but unfortunately it will most likely invalidate previous save games.
Quote 0 0
Jinxmerchant
Ok [smile] thanks for getting back to me so quickly 
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok - I think I've found the inconsistency and nailed this one, and hopefully preserved the save games. Try the new version when it comes out!
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok new version is out, but bad news is that I didn't manage to preserve the game. Sorry!
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Did the new build seem to fix these issues?
Quote 0 0
Baile.nam.Fonn
I'm getting what appears to be the same issue with windows (64 bit) build 1.1.1 saves, repeatable over the handful of new games I've started as well as a fresh install.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Baile: ok that's probably a different issue. Can you zip up and post the saved game (instructions on the pinned post on this forum) along with perhaps a bit more detail about the problem?

Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Baile.nam.Fonn
Oh. Hmm, yes. That would do it. No need to send you anything.
Resolved the issue, it was on my end.
My hard drive was stuffed to the gills and I had to dump some data to make room for a save. I don't suppose it's possible to redirect data to somewhere not c:\..\AppData\Roaming\..?
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Unfortunately not easy to change... in order to make the call cross-platform I simply ask each computer for "the place to store save files" via the SDL library.

Glad you got it sorted though :-) 
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.