chrismdp

Hello all,

Hope you have had an amazing few weeks! I've been hard at work at a new Sol Trader build, and there’s a new beta available on the forums if you have Insider access.

The main improvements are around character opinions, missions and history generation.

A more realistic history

Previously things generally went pretty well for our Sol Trader historical citizens. No so any longer. Characters will now make more realistic choices: start affairs, discover infidelity, get angry, upset and fearful of other characters, blame others when their careers are jeopardised, and attempt to slander or even kill other characters.

A sad case of family breakdown: our wife wants some slanderous information on her father (of all people.) She never got over his divorce from her mother. A sad case of family breakdown: our wife wants some slanderous information on her father (of all people.) She never got over his divorce from her mother.

Missions are also now much more varied: you can take on information gathering missions and kill missions as well as deliveries, and the opinions a character has of you will now directly affect the conversation options you have with them. The more they find out about you, the less they might like you...

Have a play with the new beta if you have access (there's still time if you don't) and post any crazy stories to the General forum. You can always follow along with development on the Trello board, and my blog has a lot more in-depth information on the changes I'm making. Enjoy!

Until next time,
Chris

Chris Parsons
http://revelationgames.co
Quote 0 0