xtom
Was looking into modding the game, in particular adding icons or images to represent the different types of location in the city so easy to identify them at a glance. But it looks like they all share the same background image so probably not possible. Anyway I did a quick mock image of what it might look like if it was possible and maybe something that could be added in future.

soltrader_cities_icons.jpg
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
I've made a small code change that now supports this. if you add your background images to a new data/500_my_mod/ folder then add a bitmaps.csv file to the same folder that references them like this:

Code:
data/500_my_mod/my_file.bmp,TEXTURE_THIRD_BOX,normal,448x144,<ORGANISATION TYPE>

(replace last field with the type from organisation_types.csv)

Then it should work (in the next build!)
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
PS: use HOME for people's houses
Quote 0 0
xtom
Awesome looking forward to giving this a go. [smile] If I can get it working I'll upload the mod somewhere.
Quote 0 0
xtom
Have done up a bunch of city location panels and I think all location types are covered. After reading up a few forum posts I did a test import of one of them as 32bit bmp and finally managed to get it working even with the transparency. Just waiting on the new update now to see them all working together in the game [smile]

soltrader_cities_icons2.jpg 
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
ok - the update should be live now!
Quote 0 0
xtom
I managed to get some of them working but when I add them all to bitmaps.csv the game doesn't load and an error pops up. I was trying to isolate it to a particular entry but it seems not to be one in particular, I think it might be the amount of them or something. I've uploaded the mod files if you want to download and have a look, maybe I am doing something wrong.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb9kqpf8kfymeaa/500_my_mod.zip?dl=0

solt_mod_erroe.jpg 

EDIT: Yeah I deleted a bunch of identikit entries from bitmaps.csv to test and managed to get them all working so must be too many bitmaps or too many entries in the bitmaps.csv or something.

Quote 0 0
chrismdp
You've got it - the game wasn't expecting that many bitmaps. I've upped the number in the next build - available soon!
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.