chrismdp
I'm getting very close to releasing the next Kickstarter and a public demo of Sol Trader. The Kickstarter will go live on the 22nd September and the demo released just before that.

I can't wait to get all this hard work in front of people! However, in order to ensure I'm actually getting the game in front of people, and not a black screen or a driver error, I need your help! [smile]

Are you able to:

* Run Sol Trader on either Mac or Windows (you'll need a reasonably recent PC, a MacBook from the last five years or so, or an older iMac or Mac Pro)
* Play the demo for a minimum of two hours over a 2-3 day period.
* Write substantive feedback both on technical performance and thoughts on gameplay after that period.

If you can, please register for this forum (if you haven't already!) and reply stating the following:

* CPU, RAM and Graphics card (important!)
* Operating system

I'm looking for about 20 people, first come first served [smile] Any extra replies will serve as a waiting list.

I'm hoping to release a beta next week, and we'll have about two weeks to tweak it before it goes to the press around the 16th September.

Thanks!
Chris

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 09.46.01.png
Chris Parsons
http://revelationgames.co
Quote 2 0
yarekt
Sign me up!

I've been waiting for this for a while

Edit: Err actually reread the post, here are my specs:

- I have a reasonably powerful PC
- I also have a reasonably new MacBook Pro (2014)
- Software developer by vocation

Intel Core i5-2550K
GTX 560 Ti
Intel Z68 based Mainboard
Windows 7 (But have been wanting to upgrade to 8 / 10 for ages)
Quote 1 0
danlucraft
Sure Chris.

I bought the game after we met at Bootstrapd 2012, haven't played since then but have been watching your progress! Have been meaning to try it out lately.

Name: Dan Lucraft
Tech specs: 2013 Macbook Pro, guess I'll look it up when I get home
Operating System: OS X
Quote 1 0
chrismdp
danlucraft wrote: Sure Chris.

I bought the game after we met at Bootstrapd 2012, haven't played since then but have been watching your progress!

Thanks for your early support Dan! You'll get a copy on release as promised [smile] Appreciate the help!
Quote 0 0
Mythox
well hi everyone i am Mythox an old hardcore gamer and beta tester of many games i have a good pc game to play games fluidly  :
i7 /8Go ram / GTX 950 all that running under W7

i hope i will be picked up to test this promising game !!

Quote 1 0
DaveGLeeds

Hi, 

Would definitely be up for this and able to devote the time. 

PC Laptop specs in the photo attached. 

Thanks! 

Dave  Sol Trader PC.jpg 
Quote 0 0
savaze
I would love to be a part of the beta! Unfortunately my gaming rig is down until I can rebuild it, my house was hit by a lot of lightning that overwhelmed my power strips. So I'm running on an old HP that my wife used in college a decade ago until then.

Windows 10 64-bit
AMD Phenom II 840T (quad core 29GHz)
8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4200

I understand if this computer isn't up to the specs...
Quote 0 0
dawa11
Hi Chris,

i would love to be in the demo pretest.

My Specs are:

Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Quad core
2x R9-290 (Press Bios from the r9-290x)
24 GB DDR3-RAM
250 GB SSD 
2 TB HDD

Windows 10 64 Bit

Main Screen 3840x2130
Secondary Screen 1920x1080

Cheers

David
Quote 0 0
robbb
Hi Chris, I'd be very keen to demo and give feedback.

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.2
2.4 Ghz Core i7
16GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Quote 0 0
R4wizard
I'm down for it! I'm the lead developer of a website and software development company, so I have a good idea how the bug reporting process should work.

Specs:

- Intel Core i7-4790K (Quad 4GHz)
- NVidea GTX 970 (ASUS 4GB OC version)
- 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM
- Windows 8 (with view to upgrade to 10 sometime soon)

I also have a range of harddrives from standard slow magnetic to good SSD to super fast 500MB/s SSD.

--

I'll keep checking back on this forum post, but does anybody know howto subscribe for email alerts or something?
(EDIT: Found it, it's a little 'subscribe' button on the bottom left of the page)

--

Peter
Quote 0 0
Conpuzius
Sure, I wouldn't mind beta testing.
I'm a software developer in the day-time, and indie game-dev in the weekend/night, when I'm not gaming.

I'm usually focused on performance and usability.
As a player, I'm mostly an "achiever", but also partially an "explorer".

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-5960X 8x3.0GHz
32GB DDR4-2133 QuadChannel
Asus GTX Titan X 12GB GDDR5
Quote 0 0
Hyfrydle
Hi I would love to help with testing, I've been keeping a close eye on your game and it looks like something I would be very interested in.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX650

Specs above I can test for an hour or so each night in the week.

Hope I can help.
Quote 0 0
dragoniv
I'd love to test, and my specs allow me to play things like Rocket League, Elite, and Euro Truck Sim at highest graphic levels, so I'm hoping it'll make the cut.  [smile]

Windows 7
Core2Quad 8400  2.67Ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost

I can definitely do 2 hours per day for a few days on this, or a shorter amount of play time over a longer period.  Just wrapped up doing "unofficial" early release testing for Train Valley, and that was a lot of fun.
Quote 0 0
N3Rk

Hi Chris! Oh my yes! I've extra time on my hands so this is just perfect. I'm a competitive gamer with 19years of hardcore gaming background. Currently playing SolForge in a competitive team.

http://www.twitch.tv/n3rks  my stream. Thought I'm pretty sure beta materials are not allowed to be streamed?

I'm currently using laptop and will be moving back to pc later this fall.

Asus K55VM
Intel i7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz
Geforce GT 630M
8gb ram
Windows 7 64bit

Quote 0 0
threedeesix

Hello Chris,

I would be very interested in getting some early testing done for Sol Trader. I'm a game designer myself (of the pen-n-paper RPG variety), so I know the importance of getting feed back.

I have a gaming laptop with the following specs:

Windows 10: 64-bit

Intel Core i7-4940MX 3.10GHz 2.10GHz
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX880M

Thanks for the e-mail,

Rod

Quote 0 0