CM88
I was flying a passenger out to Mercury from the gate between Venus and Mercury, and was clicking through my contact list, clicked on a sibling, and then the game crashed and got the attached message.

Side Note: my version of this game, as listed in Steam, still says Sol Trader [beta12] 
with 1.2 being realised should my version be updated?

Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Yes it should have been updated. Check the version string at the bottom right of the main menu and post it here if you want to be sure.
Quote 0 0
CM88
a10a70b ?
Quote 0 0
CM88
saved game
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lftj5t1r7njq7xa/Wolf-Howells-2473248303.stg.zip?dl=0

same error also occurs whilst having conversations and asking 2-4 questions in a row to the one person.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Looking at this now. Is this an old save game from 1.2 beta? Or was it started after 1.2 came out?

There were some fixes in this area which means that an older save might still exhibit this crash, but it's fixed in newer saves...
Quote 0 0
CM88
Hi,

Yes it is a saved game from beta 1.2

I didn't notice any update from beta 1.2 to 1.2 and so was unaware of the update.

So I take it the game doesn't transfer across into 1.2 at the time of the update and still draws on the beta version?

If that's the case , I start a new game and should expect not to see those errors?

Quote 0 0
chrismdp
It depends on the bug. If the data was corrupted by a previous bug, that save might show bugs even though the underlying cause has been fixed.

Best to start with a fresh 1.2 game and see if it keeps happening.

Thanks!
Chris
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.