VileMuskrat
While traveling from Earth to Mars, after activating the gate:  The game crashed to the Desktop immediately after playing the gate sound effects and fading out the ship, but before the next area loaded. Here's the screenshot:

SolTraderGateCrash.png

I'm not sure it's related or a separate bug of its own, but when I was in the Mars area previously, there was a ship spamming it's weapons while flying around.  I'm new to the game so I don't know if weapons like this guy had are supposed to exist, but he was firing bolts fast enough to instantly kill everything in his path.  It was a military pilot, flying around normally except he was always shooting everywhere he went.  I've seen him on multiple occasions and in different systems.  He's developing quite the bad reputation. [wink]
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Hmm - sounds like you might be running an old version of the game. Can you please post your version? It's on the bottom right hand corner of the game menu.

Thanks!
Chris
Quote 0 0
VileMuskrat
429da61

I looked around Steam to see if I could find any info on when it last downloaded a Sol Trader update, but no luck.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Ok that's good enough info - will investigate - thanks for the report!
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
If it's repeatable, one thing that would be helpful would be to ZIP up and send me your saved game, along with the steps that I need to take to repeat the bug - is that something you could do?

You can find the save game in c:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Think Code Learn\Sol Trader\games - just ZIP it and post it to the cloud somewhere and reply with a link.

Thanks!
Chris
Quote 0 0
VileMuskrat
So far, I've only seen the crash happen that one time and I've since progressed past that save, but I'll keep an eye out.

In case it's useful, I had a passenger mission active as well as a few deliver package missions and if I recall correctly a gather information mission.  Before the crash happened, I accidentally left the passenger behind on earth.  I realized after jumping through the Mars gate, so I then turned around and went back to pick them up, and got the crash on my way back.
Quote 0 0
chrismdp
Hmm, ok. Looking at the code, I'm not convinced the crash was related to you moving through the gate - might just have been a co-incidence. I'm working on some better crash reporting tools in the game today, so hopefully that will help find these next time they surface.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.